The Love-A-Thon is an event dedicated to spreading positivity and love, it’s hosted by Alexa of Alexa Loves Books, Cee of The Novel Hermit, Mel of The Daily Prophecy, and Kristin of Super Space Chick. It’s time dedicated to visiting other bloggers/Instagrammers/BookTubers, leaving a comment or two, making new friends and fostering positivity among the members of our amazing community.
Love-A-Thon is here! I’m so excited to participate again to this amazing internet event for book lovers and bloggers/instagrammers/youtubers. It has a special place in my heart, since it’s what finally made me deciding to start talking more about books last year. It’s a 2-day event and you can find all the info at Alexa’s blog, don’t be afraid to join it, even if it’s already started. Last year, I discovered it on Saturday evening and I jumped right in publishing posts on the go, without scheduling anything.
This event is supposed to be a way to make new bookish friends, so, assuming many new people will visit my blog during the next 48 hours, I’ll start with the introductory questionnaire.
An Introduction to You and Your Blog
1. What’s your name? Where in the world are you blogging from? My name is Alice, also known as Alice Greenleaf on the internet, and I’m blogging from northern Italy, my little corner of the Shire.
2. Tell us your history with reading. Were you always a reader? Were you a reluctant reader? I started reading in elementary school, after my mom bought me a cute book narrated by a funny mouse, Geronimo Stilton, because she was so desperate I wasn’t enjoying reading at that time. It basically started everything, my love for books and reading. My most productive period of time has been high school, I can’t even tell you how many books I’ve read during those years! (And I can’t actually, since I never tracked them, ugh.) Then, when I started University, I fell into a horrible slump, due to the amount of stuff I had to study, and I’m slowly recovering now.
3. Was there a book that convinced you to become a reader? I already reply to this one, but I should say that Harry Potter had a huge impact in my life when I was 11.
4. How did you get involved in the online book community? I always had a personal blog since 2010, but I discovered the bookish community only in 2015, when I participated to my first monthly photo challenge.
5. How did you choose your primary platform (blog, Instagram, YouTube, etc)? How did you come up with your blog name? I used to think about my blog as my primary platform, but I’m more active on Instagram at these days. I chose @alicegreenleaf because it was the nickname I was using as a Reporter on Middle-earth News and I already had a Twitter profile with that handle. The Geeky Burrow was born after a very long research, trying to pair words that could represent what I wanted to blog about (it was book and movie reviews at that time) and find available domains.
6. What’s your favorite thing about the online book community? Being able to geek out about my favorite books with other people without sounding silly to them.
7. What sort of posts can readers expect from you? I don’t usually write long informative reviews, I tried it in the past, but it’s not for me. I like to blog about my reading experience, my life surrounded by books, but also about productivity. I love task management apps.
8. What book genres do you talk about most? It depends on what I’m currently reading. I’d say Harry Potter and Tolkien, because they are genres, right? 😀
1. Favorite food? Beverage? I’m italian and my mom is an excellent cook/baker, so I love all the food! Tea, hands down.
2. Favorite color? Blue.
3. Favorite things to do apart from reading? Watching TV series and playing LOTRO.
4. Favorite tv shows? My all time favorites are Friends, Lost and Desperate Housewives. I’m currently loving Once Upon A Time, Pretty Little Liars and Gilmore Girls (I missed this one when I was younger).
5. Favorite movies? This is so difficult! My answer would be Harry Potter and LOTR, but I’ll go fancy today: Pirates of the Caribbean, Home Alone, Hook, Bridget Jones’s Diary.
6. Favorite musical artists? I’m not a musical person.
7. Favorite places to shop? It used to be my local bookstores, but now I’d say Amazon AND my local bookstores!
1. Favorite childhood books? The Geronimo Stilton series (7-10 yo) and then Harry Potter (11 yo), followed by The Baby-Sitters Club and The Lord of the Rings (12 yo).
2. Favorite books read in the last five years? This is not very easy to tell, since I started tracking my books only from 2015. If I have to pick five, I’d say: The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, Getting Things Done by David Allen, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and The Martian by Andy Weir.
3. Favorite genres? Fantasy, Mystery, Crime.
4. Underrated book, series or author you love? My guilty pleasure is the Murder, She Wrote series, nobody talks about it, but my mom and I are addicted (we’re also huge fans of the TV show, of course).
5. A book you want to see made into a film or tv show? I’d love to see a Once Upon A Time spin-off based on Red’s Untold Tale, which is a book about Ruby/Red (Red Riding Hood).
6. Book boyfriend/girlfriend? Book BFF? Book family? When I was in highschool, I fell in love with Bran from Son of the Shadows, the second book of the Sevenwaters series! While the Weasleys are definitely my book family.
7. Books you want to read in 2017? Oh, I have a whole blog post about it!
Hope you enjoyed reading more about me, feel free to introduce yourself in the comment section down below, I’d love to meet new bookworms! 🙂