My friend Myla tagged me for the 25 bookish facts tag and I couldn’t be happier since I already decided to do this tag sooner or later even if nobody had tagged me, haha.
It’s been a little hard to find 25 things to say about myself, but I think you’ll definitely know me better after reading this post (and hopefully will like me!). I’m not going to tag specific people, since I think it’s a quite popular tag (especially on YouTube), but feel yourself tagged if you want to share some facts about you!
1. I never thought I would become a book blogger. Seriously, I can’t still believe it right now! The fact is that I always thought that you had to read 10+ books per month, snap super staged photos, being able to write very professional reviews and purchase a lot of books to be a book blogger. I was wrong and the truth is that book blogging lets me talk about all my geeky passions.
2. I have to remove the dust jacket of hard cover books when I read them, I can’t hold in my hands the book with additional layers.
3. I had a Twilight phase when I was in highschool. #TeamEdward (but not #TeamPattinson)
4. Don’t hate me, but I don’t get the point to collect all the editions of the world of various books and not just of the favorites. I mean, I get collectors, I DO have multiple editions of the same books, but only by JK Rowling and Tolkien, because they are my favorite authors and their fictional worlds mean so much to me.
5. I hate when I mention my Kindle ereader and the perks of using it and people doesn’t even listen to me and stops me saying they don’t like reading from a screen. The Kindle is not like the tablet app!
6. Despite my deep love for staged flatlays, the photos I enjoy the most on instagram are everyday life moments, they make me want to interact with the user because they look more down to earth to me.
7. I never receive books for my birthday or Christmas that are just “for fun”. The only people who usually give me books are my relatives and somehow they are convinced that I like reading about politics and social problems. Basically they don’t know me at all.
8. I hated all the books I had to read for school, except for Dante’s Divina Commedia, which was very hard to understand though because of the ancient language.
9. I always want to read the book before watching the movie, but I usually fail and then I’m not interested in the book anymore.
10. I love to know how much it will take me to finishe the current chapter (or book) when I read from my Kindle! It makes me feel like I can be more relaxed so I can control my reading time.
11. I recently decided to buy more books in english, because I couldn’t find so many sales for those in italian (my mother tongue), they are usually about topics I don’t care at all.
12. I was afraid of reading in english (outside of blogs and my text books), because I was afraid of not understanding the language enough to read in a smooth way. Red’s Untold Tale proved me I’m perfectly capable to enjoy books in english! I was a little bit intimidated by dialogs, but it was just a matter of habits.
13. I don’t like purchase from used bookstores, because I’m a little bit germophobic and I can’t help but thinking where the book have been, maybe those who read it before me had dirty hands, or maybe they pick their nose…eww.
14. I never counted the number of books I’ve read until last year, when I opened a new Goodreads account and I decided to start reading more again.
15. I’m not a super fast reader and I’m okay with that. (That’s why you don’t see reviews here all the time)
16. The Lord of the Rings is the longest book I ever read.
17. I don’t read before going to bed and I feel myself super uncomfortable reading in my pajamas in bed, because it reminds me of sickness.
18. I can be easily distracted, this goes also with my procrastination problem, so I can’t read a book if the TV is on or some music is playing in the background.
19. The question I fear the most is: “what’s this book about?” because I’m kind of afraid of having to explain someone the plot and the characters without being prepared a speech first!
20. One day I will own and read all the volumes of The History of Middle-earth.
21. I’d love to work in a bookstore.
22. I like pretty bookmarks and I use them very often, I still have those made with papyrus that I bought at the Egyptian Museum when I was a child.
23. I’m planning to catch up with the most popular fantasy series sooner or later. I basically missed them all after highschool and I want to join the fun!
24. My highschool boyfriend called me Belle and he gifted me the entire Twilight saga.
25. I am always on the fence when it comes to include the books I read for university in my Goodreads or not.