I’m always late to the party when it comes to blog/Instagram events, but I decided to try it anyway this time participating to my very first Love-A-Thon! (Thanks to Kristin for letting me discover it)
The Love-a-Thon is an event dedicated to spreading positivity and love, it’s hosted by Alexa of Alexa Loves Books, Hazel of Stay Bookish, Mel of The Daily Prophecy and Cee of the The Novel Hermit. It’s time dedicated to visiting other bloggers/Instagrammers/BookTubers, leaving a comment or two, making new friends and fostering positivity among the members of our amazing community.
You can find more info here.
The first event is a questionnaire to introduce yourself. Let’s dive in!
1. What’s your name?
My name is Alice and I’m a bit nervous about joining this huge community of book lovers.
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
I’m blogging from northern Italy, in Piedmont.
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I started blogging back in 2007, sharing my personal thoughts and event, basically a digital diary. Then I changed tons of different platforms and blogs, until I came up with this little corner of the internet. I hope to stick with it for many years.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
I’m an introvert and I like to spend some time on my own, but I also like to geek out with my friends, so the Geeky Burrow was born. The “burrow” part comes also from my love for Bag End, home of Bilbo Baggins.
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
I’m still pretty new to the review world, but I love fantasy, crime, and non fiction, but only the books about productivity and living a better life!
7. Best blogging experience so far?
I’ve been lucky enough to experience some awesome adventures through blogging, but the best part is being able to make friendships across the ocean and around the world. Connecting with like-minded people is so important to me!
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
The support we give to each other, it’s not a race. We can blog at the same time, the same things and still having something different to share. The friends I made online understand me better than those I have in my everyday life.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
I can’t stay updated in this kind of things, ha! I tried severals time, but I just like to read what I have in the moment. Two books I am/was really waiting for Radical Self-Love by Gala Darling (and I’m currently reading it) and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, I’m so excited!
10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod, The History of the Hobbit by JD Rateliff, Mary Poppins by TL Travers, and Quiet by Susan Cain.
11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
The Avalon series by Marion Zimmer Bradley, because there is fiction but also history and the characters are amazing.
12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
That’s easy, I already wrote a whole blog post about it! 🙂
13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
Teenager Alice would say Edward Cullen. Present time Alice can’t reply.
14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)?
Hermione and Gandalf for sure.
15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I have an insane passion for stationery and bullet journaling, I also love watching TV series (Once Upon A Time, The Flash and Pretty Little Liars are some of my favorites), snapping photos and practice my hand-lettering.
16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
School supplies, planners, and digital files to use for my memory keeping layouts.
17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would you be playing?
Timber by Pitbull and Ke$ha, I’d immediately start dancing!
18. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
I’d love to read a book based on the Pirates of the Caribbeans saga! The first movie is my favorite and I’d love to have it on my bookshelf too. Plus, pirates are my jam.
19. What would your dream library look like?
I think that most of us would say like Belle’s one, but I’d prefer one in Hogwarts style!
20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
James Rollins, hands down. He’s my hero, he used to be a vet, then travelled the world to do research for his books. He’s one of the reasons why I’m an archaeologist now.