Last week was insane, I’ve been nominated by three fellow geek bloggers for three different awards. I am always very thankful for those people that remembers me and my blog and decides to assign us an award, but I don’t like to write posts about it because, I don’t know, I’m weird. But this time I had to write something up, also because the purpose of these awards is getting to know more your favourite bloggers, so I decided to write a ginormous post.
- Dragon’s Loyalty Award: nominated by Gamer Wife and The Written Word(s)
- Creative Blogger Tag: nominated by Gamer Wife
- Liebster Award: nominated by Exquisitely Geek
Dragon’s Loyalty Award:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and a link back.
- You must share 7 things other bloggers may not know about you.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for Dragon’s Loyalty Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
- Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog
Creative Blogger Tag:
- Nominate 10-20 blogs and notify all nominees through their social media/blogs.
- Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you.
- Share five facts about yourself to your readers.
- Pass these rules onto them.
- Link back to who nominated you.
- Answer the questions the nominator asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for the 11 folks in step 3.
- Notify your nominees!
12 random things about me:
- I still live with my parents and it took me way too much to graduate.
- I didn’t like reading when I was a child, but the Geronimo Stilton saga made me fall in love with books and I never stopped reading since then.
- I started my very very first blog in 2007, and I was 17, on Windows Live Space.
- I hate my surname because it’s long and difficult and nobody can spell it, I wish Greenleaf was my real surname.
- I’ve always been a dog person, then 3 summers ago I rescued a month-old kitten along a busy road and my life changed. Now I’m a happy crazy cat lady.
- I have several celebrity crushes, but Orlando Bloom is my one and only favorite guy.
- Sometimes I feel myself too young for responsibilities, but when I realize I’m almost 25, I suddenly feel too old for what I’m currently doing (aka studying and not having a job).
- My dad was born in Eritrea, Africa. But unfortunately he doesn’t have black skin, if not I wouldn’t be so pale like a ghost!
- My heart belongs to Scotland. I wish I was born there.
- During my whole life I lived with 5 rescue pets, 3 dogs and 2 cats, not at the same time, but at different stages of life and they always left us once they were old.
- My body doesn’t contain pigment cells (confirmed by doctors), so there is no chance I can tan. While nobody cares about my (absent) skin colour in Switzerland (because everybody’s like me there!), it’s so annoying being a super pale girl here in Italy, home of tanning, because people stares at you along the road when your legs reflect the sun like crazy.
- I’ve been a ballerina for 12 years and my feet are very ugly now!
Liebster Award Q&A:
- What is your best book recommendation and why? The Harry Potter saga, because it isn’t just a ‘children book’ as people usually thinks, but it teaches you to live, it’s an allegory of our own world.
- What are your top five “fandoms”? Tolkien, Harry Potter, Disney, Once Upon A Time, The Avengers (is The Avengers a fandom?).
- If you could be one fictional character for 24 hours, who would it be? A random Hobbit from the Shire or Hermione Granger.
- Do you collect anything geeky? Yep, I collect books and DVDs of my favourite movies and I have also a tiny Tolkien Collection.
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Strawberry.
- What is your current Netflix binge? Sorry, but we don’t have Netflix here in Italy 😦
- You’re on a desert island, what book or movie do you bring with you? The Lord of the Rings.
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why? I’d probably be a cat, because I like to stay on my own, lazy afternoon in bed and cats are such amazing creatures!
- If you could have dinner with any person, dead or alive, who would you choose? Despite my crush for Orlando Bloom, I’d like to have a dinner with Emma Watson and/or Evangeline Lilly, they’re my favourite actresses and they’re both amazing women. I’d love to hear their thoughts about everything.
- Doctor Who, Sherlock, or Supernatural? Sherlock, always.
- Star Wars or Star Trek? Star Wars, I never watched Star Treck, honestly.
BREAKING THE RULES
I won’t nominate other 10-20-30 blogs, because I saw that most of my favourite blogs have been already nominated, but, since the purpose of these awards is discovering new people and blogs to read, I invite you to take a look at the amazing members of my favourite blogging community: Female Geek Bloggers!