Starting from the fact that almost all my guilty pleasures are fandom-related, today’s prompt was pretty easy to put together for me. It’s the little things, those tiny actions that are able to make my day.
1. Middle-earth movie marathon. While it has always been called ‘LOTR marathon’, I immediately added The Hobbit movies to my list, that’s why I call it ‘Middle-earth marathon’. I’d love to attend to one of those cool events at movie theaters with tons of fellow Tolkien geek, but it isn’t a thing where I live, also my everyday life friends don’t like Middle-earth as much as I do, so they won’t agree to watch 3+ movies in a row. Because of these reasons, it’s a me-time event and I’m perfectly fine with that, even if occasional tweets could accidentally be sent around.
2. Take picture of my geeky items. I like collecting geek stuff, but I must to keep it simple because of my tight budget and basically no rooms in my bedroom to host my favourite items. So, every piece has a special spot in my heart, I like to take tons of pictures and sharing them on Instagram, of course! (Take a look at the #TolkienCollection hashtag, btw)
3. Cast spell to my cat. Feel free to laugh. My friend Lily sent me Hermione’s wand as Christmas present last year and I LOVED it at the first sight. So I like to randomly cast Harry Potter spells to my cat. The most popular is Engorgio.
4. Play The Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO). This basically replaced my hours spent playing The Sims, I could talk for hours about that. I just love role-playing in Middle-earth.
5. Wear themed necklaces. I’m a huge fan of geek T-shirts, but I didn’t own them because the shipping costs to Italy are usually insane. So I try to wear themed necklaces when I go to the movies. For example, I’ve worn the One Ring replica for every Hobbit movie during the last three years and an arrow pendant (that looks very prehistoric) to watch Jurassic World.